Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blog Post 8


My ARP was mainly about the poor and how the government doesn’t tailor specific solutions to try and achieve the most benefits possible for each poor person. I don’t think it will be much of a problem trying to adapt this to a public audience. I can talk about how the government could provide more specific support to groups that my audience can relate to, such as college graduates in debt. I think this will be a bit of a challenge because I will have to delve into some new research, since that topic wasn’t discussed much in my ARP or any of my secondary sources. Yet I believe it shouldn’t be too difficult to make the connection between debt from college education and my primary source. 

As far as the position I am going to take, I will probably take a position similar to the one I took in my ARP and argue for the government providing more benefits to college students suffering from debt. I will advocate for more programs to help college students so they aren’t stuck with so much debt after they graduate. This may mean different things for different groups of students, but I hope for a better system to help prevent this problem of so much debt. I believe if this debt can be prevented in the first place, it will help our young people get off to a better start in life as they will not be so focused on paying off debts for their first several years in the work force.

No comments:

Post a Comment